Caltrans News Release

Caltrans News Release

June 10, 2019
BEGINNING TONIGHT!
GSA & Caltrans will alternate full freeway closures of SB I-5 and I-805 from SR-905 to the San Ysido POE through Wednesday from 10pm to 7am for roadway enhancements.
Alternating Full Closures of Southbound 5/805 Monday-Wednesday
SAN DIEGO – U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) will be implementing alternating, temporary overnight lane closures on the southbound Interstate 5 (I-5) and Interstate 805 (I-805), Monday through Wednesday nights during the hours of 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
GSA, in partnership with Caltrans, will install new roadway enhancements to better guide southbound motorists to avoid unintentional crossings into Mexico, as part of the U.S. Federal Government’s San Ysidro Port of Entry Modernization and Expansion project.
SOUTHBOUND I-5 CLOSURE
Southbound I-5 from State Route 905 (SR-905) to the San Ysidro Port of Entry, and the Camino De La Plaza I-5 on-ramp.
Monday and Wednesday from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
*Detours will direct motorists to the southbound I-805 freeway via the SR-905 connector.*
SOUTHBOUND I-805 CLOSURE
Southbound I-805 from SR-905 to the San Ysidro Port of Entry.
Tuesday, from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
*Detours will direct motorists to the southbound I-5 freeway via the SR-905 connector.*
Travelers are advised to plan ahead for potential delays, monitor media and traffic reports, and adhere to posted signage which announces changes to freeway patterns on affected roadways – including the last USA exit and speed limits. Southbound traffic through the San Ysidro crossing into Mexico will remain open to vehicular and pedestrian traffic during the detour.

Comments